What's new in Horcrux 4.1.16
November 18th, 2018
- Fixes character set encoding issues. Thanks a lot, Werner for helping out!
- Faster Verification Mechanism.
New in Horcrux 4.1.15 (November 11th, 2018)
New in Horcrux 4.1.14 (November 8th, 2018)
- Dark Mode support for Mojave
- Change the verification logic to be more robust
New in Horcrux 4.1.13 (November 5th, 2018)
- Better Memory footprint on the verification action.
- [Google Mail] folder quirk for German Gmail users.
New in Horcrux 4.1.12 (October 24th, 2018)
- Fix Restore implementation
- Better communication of missing mailboxes during a backup
New in Horcrux 4.1.11 (October 3rd, 2018)
- Fix encoding issues with certain emails
New in Horcrux 4.1.10 (September 19th, 2018)
New in Horcrux 4.1.9 (September 18th, 2018)
- Fix issues with certain mailboxes.
- Fixed a crash when .mbox is exported.
New in Horcrux 4.1.8 (September 12th, 2018)
- Fixed the memory leak that used to occur for large mailboxes. Thanks Greg!
- Fixed StartSSL configuration. Thanks Felix!
New in Horcrux 4.1.7 (June 18th, 2018)
- Minor bug fix that'll enable proper frequency setting.
New in Horcrux 4.1.6 (May 18th, 2018)
- Bug Fix that'll fix the migration process. Thanks Simon for his help.
- Fixed the Reauthenticate button. Thanks Tom for the report.
New in Horcrux 4.1.5 (April 24th, 2018)
- Bug Fix that'll avoid crashes when the location is not available.
- Corrections to German translation.
New in Horcrux 4.1.4 (April 5th, 2018)
- Horcrux now speaks German.
New in Horcrux 4.1.3 (March 6th, 2018)
- Added functionalities to get feedback.
- Bug fixes.
New in Horcrux 4.1.2 (March 2nd, 2018)
- Bug fix that'll help with offline account for the default backup location.
New in Horcrux 4.1.1 (February 27th, 2018)
- Horcrux can now maintain offline backups. Your backups can still exist and can be interacted even if you no longer have access to the email account. Thanks to Freddy for bringing it our notice. Long lives the Horcrux backups.
- With the above improvement, you'll now be able to easily transfer your horcrux backups to a new computer. We call it - "Horcrux Takeout".
- Loads of bug fixes, optimizations.
New in Horcrux 4.0.9 (February 7th, 2018)
- Fix a restore quirk with Domain Factory.
New in Horcrux 4.0.8 (January 10th, 2018)
New in Horcrux 4.0.7 (December 18th, 2017)
- Major bug fix:
- People who have the "Limit snapshot" checkbox enabled in the settings might have their older snapshots damaged. This issue was introduced in 4.0.5. This update should fix the issue. Once updated, please re-verify your snapshot to confirm you have all the emails. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New in Horcrux 4.0.6 (December 13th, 2017)
- Fix memory issues.
- Order of snapshot is proper
New in Horcrux 4.0.3 (August 28th, 2017)
- Inaccessible backup location is better managed now. Thanks Stefan.
- You can now set preferable time for the backup process. Thanks Nicholas.
- The Browse button is easy to find. Thanks Sascha.
- No more password error when the WLAN is not connected yet.
New in Horcrux 4.0.1 (August 11th, 2017)
- Major interface overhaul. Making the app more intuitive.
- Efficient storage format that doesn't use aliases.
- Simultaneous backup process.
- Loads of bug fixes.
New in Horcrux 3.0.3 (December 10th, 2016)
- Troubleshooting guide for common setup problems.
New in Horcrux 3.0.2 (November 3rd, 2016)
- The preference window won't open on every reboot
- Suppressing Quit Dialog will be persistent
New in Horcrux 3.0.1 (October 11th, 2016)
New in Horcrux 3.0.0 (October 7th, 2016)
- Redesigned Account Page
- Auto-discovery of IMAP servers
- Bug fixes
New in Horcrux 2.9.3 (June 24th, 2016)
- Bug fixes on a few crashes
- You can now check "Ignore backup integrity errors". The program will not the block the user with an alert. Useful if you have it running in a server.
New in Horcrux 2.9.2 (February 17th, 2016)
- Better reporting UI for failing backups.
New in Horcrux 2.9.1 (January 15th, 2016)
New in Horcrux 2.9 (January 13th, 2016)
New in Horcrux 2.8 (December 20th, 2015)
- Google OAuth login
- Bug fixes
New in Horcrux 2.7.1 (November 12th, 2015)
New in Horcrux 2.7 (October 28th, 2015)
- More verbose "Backup complete" notifications
- Bug fixes.
New in Horcrux 2.6 (August 23rd, 2015)
New in Horcrux 2.5.1 (February 18th, 2015)
- Health Manager that lets you verify the integrity of a snapshot and fix it if needed.
New in Horcrux 2.5 (February 17th, 2015)
- Backup Health Manager: It lets you verify the integrity of any snapshots, fix issues if needed. This phase is run for every backup.
- Bug Fixes:
- Disabled field in the add account panel
New in Horcrux 2.4.1 (November 27th, 2014)
New in Horcrux 2.4 (November 19th, 2014)
- Hooks - Actions that run after a backup is completed. Helps create multiple backups.
- Custom Port setting
- Bug fixes
New in Horcrux 2.1.1 (February 5th, 2014)
- Minor update:
- Correct datestamp while restoring messages
New in Horcrux 2.1 (January 22nd, 2014)
- Bug Fixes:
- Last backup in the accounts menu
- Creates non existing mailbox in the restore process
- Fix the "Failed" messages (reconnection fixed)
- Launch at login fix
- Animated Status bar element during a backup
- From field in the Browser
- Better Search in the Browser (Attachments, From and Date field)
New in Horcrux 2.0 (December 5th, 2013)
New in Horcrux 1.6 (May 2nd, 2013)
- Fixes the hang during the restore process
New in Horcrux 1.5 (March 1st, 2013)
- Fixes the hang in the Restore process.
New in Horcrux 1.4 (February 7th, 2013)
- Vital bug fix causing crashes for a few non English users.
New in Horcrux 1.3 (January 23rd, 2013)
- Progress bar in the top bar menu
- Logger to track activity
- iCloud bug fix
- Skips junk/spam mail by default
- Minor bug fixes
New in Horcrux 1.2 (January 15th, 2013)
- Snapshots: The backups are versioned by the date of creation
- Speed optimizations
- Bug fixes
New in Horcrux 1.1 (October 26th, 2012)
- Added "Launch at Login" feature. So, you have an option keep the process alive even after a reboot
- Bug Fix